Tax and Tax Planning
In the decades that Chiomenti has been active nationally and internationally, its Tax Department has developed an incomparable expertise in tax advice and tax disputes.
As regards advice, the Tax Department advises on business taxation, extraordinary transactions, private equity, real estate, transfer pricing (alongside external internationally recognised economists) and structured finance transactions.
The diversity of practice areas allows Chiomenti’s Tax Department to offer, in cooperation with professionals from other practice areas, expert advice to individuals, families and family offices for the management, safeguarding and transfer of family assets, particularly in an international context.
The advisory activity extends also to the management of procedures for obtaining advance opinions and rulings from the relevant Tax Authorities.
In the area of tax disputes, having experts primarily dedicated to tax proceedings, national and European Union out-of-court procedures, and to tax litigation procedures in every stage and level, both national and international, allows Chiomenti to give expert and timely assistance in seeking to prevent actual disputes with the Tax Authorities and adopting, where necessary, the best defence strategy including from an international angle.
The Department and its partners have received many significant accolades from specialist journals and from independent Italian and international organisations.
- Access to highly qualified professionals who represent excellence in both an Italian and international context.
- Synergy between experts in the diverse areas of tax law and their cross-departmental approach.
- Experience gained over many years and through deep study in all areas of tax law.
- Profound knowledge of the international tax regulatory framework and the strong network of relationships built up with the leading foreign firms.
- Chiomenti’s market‑recognised integrity and reliability enable the Firm to provide efficient and effective advocacy against any counterparty, including institutional.